Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Esperando

We have three expressions of this Spanish word in English. 

Waiting.  Hoping.  Expecting. 

If one word had to be selected to describe the duration of mine and Rafa’s relationship, esperando would be it. Some of the most wonderful things in life are difficult. Last April we sat down on my last evening in Mexico, barely talking because of the tears that were on the brink of flowing.  We had full hearts and a million thoughts.  We were about to journey into the unknown…the unknown can be, and was, a fearful thing.  He bent his head down on top of his knees and I saw wet specks begin to fall.  We sat close but with no contact for I do not know how long.  Thinking, wondering what to say, silently pouring our hearts before our Creator.  He clasped my hand and spoke for the first time.  But he was not speaking to me.  He took us to the Throne.  To the One who knew,  the One who holds all, the One who brought us together.  Rafa admitted our weakness asked for His will, for Him to keep us, to teach us, to use us for Him.  That come what may we would praise Him. 

Being apart feels horrible, but God has created something wondrous in it, through it, because of the distance. 

It brought us to HIM and that has brought us together.

No comments:

Post a Comment