Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

What’s cooking?

 

006

 

Yesterday we had leftover mole, so Rafa taught me how to make Enmoladas  (don’t count on my spelling of that one!)  They are pretty much enchiladas made with mole sauce instead of with salsa.  We filled ours with scrambled eggs and some type of salted meat. For a  person who is getting used to the unique taste of mole, these where d.e.l.i.c.i.o.u.s.  And I appreciated them even more because we used leftovers and ingredients we had on hand….

2 comments:

  1. Ha! I had some leftover mole last week, so made up a pan of these...only I didn't know they were an official dish. :) Hooray for using leftovers; I "always" said if I was ever going to host a Food Network show, it would definitely involove leftovers! It's so fun and sastisfying to make something totally new from something most folks would throw out.
    Love you, friend, and am glad to be able to keep up with you on here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rafa says they need to be served with crema, lettuce, onions and other such things. We did not have them on hand, so we ate them "plain" but they were far from it! Using leftovers is fun and challenging.....I am defiantly still in the learning process.
    I love you too and being miles apart makes me so grateful for technology!

    ReplyDelete