Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Saturday.

A unique day of the week for me.  It is the only workday that Rafa usually does not come home for lunch.  A fair portion of my day is usually spent on the mid-day meal.  It is the largest meal of the day, and the other two normally consist of leftovers, sandwiches, IMG_0422or some type of eggs.  On Saturdays, Rafa and his co-workers do not leave until after all the work is done.  That way they not have to go back until Monday morning.  Saturday is also the only day that I do not have other commitments.  It is a “free” day if you will.  I like to take it easy, go to the center of town with the females of the family, and try something new for dinner.  Cause even though Rafa won’t be here for lunch, when he does come, we will come hungry!  I also like to have something prepared for Sunday, because who wants to cook on their husband's only day off of work?  Not I said the Kat!   Yesterday I made pizza.  I am not sure why, but I am always a bit timid when it comes to using yeast.  {Note to family, there is no need here to bring up some past cooking disasters of mine involving yeast!}  And since the day I came home with baking soda *instead* of yeast {thanks to my good ol’ Español}, I had been even more hesitant to get my hands into any dough except for quick breads and masa.  Well, along with spaghetti sauce from I dad I brought down and a couple of dollars worth of Hawaiian toppings {Rafa’s favorite}  we ended up with two good looking pizzas.  And as of 5 p.m. Sunday afternoon, there was none left.  I say it turned out okay.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment