Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

The week…

This week I went to a funeral.  Something I usually try to avoid.   The lady who passed away was a distant relative that I had never met and chances are I will never meet her.   After the burial Rafa and I walked around the cemetery.  The only one in town from what I understand. The oldest person we found there had lived to be 99; the youngest only a few days old.   We stopped by where other relatives and friends had been laid to rest.  We listened to people begging for the soul of the one who had died.  I wanted to shout, “You have it backwards!  One’s eternal destiny is determined when they are living, not after their death.  Pray for the souls of the living, not the dead.”   You learn a lot about a person by the way they mourn. There is hope. His name is Jesus Christ.  

IMG_0567

No comments:

Post a Comment