Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Monday, October 3, 2011

English Class Bit.

The average age of my classes is seven.  The major gender, male.  Think about it….seven-year-old boys in an after school or Saturday class.  It makes things quite interesting and memorable. 

The other day, I had to keep reminding one such lad about the rules. Obeying and being nice are the two basics, and I reminded him that interrupting was not nice.  At one point he asked,

“What does ‘wait’ mean?”  Not sure if he was referring to weight or wait, I asked, “Why do you ask?”

“My English teacher at school is always telling me ‘Wait!’”  he responded. 

“Then she is telling you to esperarte,” I concluded. 

I then continued on with the planned lesson when he held up his hand like a stop sign exclaiming, “WAIT, WAIT, WAIT! It’s not interrupting if you say ‘wait’, is it?!”

IMG_0990

{Memory game.  One of the very favorite activities.  Competition works wonders with young men.} 

No comments:

Post a Comment