Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Marbles.

Rafa recently brought home a huge jar of marbles.  They had been at his mom’s house; his collection from childhood.  Since we are about to have a full-time child at this house, he thought it was high time to bring them home.DSCN0628  I love them.  Each one has a story of how he won or traded for it and why he likes it.  Some are teeny tiny while others are giants.  Some are solid in color, others have more colors than the rainbow. 

They remind me that I married a man who was once a boy and open a window for me to peep inside his yesterdays.   Being married to Rafa has caused me to realize that the line between boyhood and manhood is not as defined as I once thought and that the best of men still know how to be boys. I am so thankful that my son has a dad who will teach him how to be a boy, and in doing so, show him what it means to be a man. 

Yes, the marbles have a permanent place in our home and I foresee them playing a large part in another boy’s childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment