Where you go, I will go; where you live, I will live. Your people will be my people for your God is my God.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Harvest Time. All the time.

DSCN3322

DSCN3264

DSCN3268

DSCN3265

{Our own small harvest we ate fresh as it came out of the garden,   Thanks to open air markets and fresh fruit and vegetable stands , we can find produce practically being given away during it’s harvest time. Each week I dedicate a few pesos from the grocery budget to have when I come across a good deal. And thanks to the fact that we live in a central location geographically, something is almost always in harvest. Therefore we buy the produce for pennies, process and store it, and then enjoy it for many weeks to come.  Plus, we have a lot of wonderful family and friends who raise their own produce and give the extras away or it would rot where it grew.  We have been blessed enough to the beneficiaries of their generousness.  In the past couple of weeks we have canned tomatoes sauce and a various other salsas, frozen several pounds of green beans, pureed and frozen pumpkin, as well as a few pounds of bananas.  Yum!}

1 comment:

  1. You guys sure are eating healthy- makes me feel guilty.
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete